IFAA Project Assistant
IFAA seeks to appoint a Project Assistant. You will be expected to work 3 days a week, usually from the IFAA offices in Community House in Salt River, or from home (online) during Covid-19 related Lockdowns.
- Strong skills with using digital media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, WhatsApp and Cloud platforms.
- Undergraduate degree in politics, sociology, economics or related social sciences would be highly advantageous. Post-graduates are also welcome.
- Interest in current affairs
- Highly organized, flexible, self-motivated and energetic
- Ability to post, edit and publish on a WordPress site (desirable)
- Involvement in student societies, student governance and/or civic organizations (desirable)
Tasks and responsibilities
- Assist with conceptualization, organization and publicity of IFAA forums
- Maintain the IFAA and New Agenda social media presence
- Update the IFAA website with new articles and events
- Grow the IFAA forum student network
- Contribute to and help manage the IFAA student website, The Progressive Corner
- Help out with other administrative tasks where needed
Weekly Task Checklist
- Schedule and share posts on IFAA, New Agenda and TPC social media on a daily basis.
- Identify potential student writers for TPC and the student section of New Agenda
- Assist the Coordinator with organizing IFAA forums.
- Build links with other potential partner organizations.
Salary will be R4000, 00pm on a month-to -month basis. This job is also quite suitable for an undergraduate or post-graduate student who needs an internship. Start date is as soon as possible.
Email CV and covering letter to Ms. Shamielah Booley firstname.lastname@example.org