IFAA seeks to appoint a Project Assistant. The intern will be expected to work 3 days a week, usually from the IFAA offices in Community House in Salt River, but from home (online) during Covid-19 related Lockdowns.
- Comfortable with using digital media platforms especially Twitter and Facebook
- Undergraduate degree in politics, sociology, economics or related social sciences. Postgraduate study highly advantageous.
- Interest in current affairs
- Highly organized, flexible and self-motivated
- Able to use basic features of WordPress (desirable)
- Involvement in student societies and or student governance (desirable)
Tasks and responsibilities
- Conceptualise, organise and publicise IFAA forums
- Manage and modernize the IFAA and New Agenda social media presence
- Update the IFAA website with new articles and events
- Grow the IFAA forum student network
- Contribute to and help manage the IFAA student website, The Progressive Corner
- Help out with other administrative tasks where needed
- Provide support to the editor of New Agenda
Weekly Task Checklist
- Schedule and share posts on IFAA, New Agenda and TPC social media so that there is a daily activity
- Identify potential student writers for TPC and the student section of New Agenda
- Organise at least 2 forums a month
- Write at least 2 articles/explainers a month for TPC
- Build links with AIDC and Tshisimani and other potential partner organisations.
Salary will be R3000,00 Pm on a month to month basis. 3 days per week. Start date 1 October 2020.
Email CV and covering letter to Shamielah Booley firstname.lastname@example.org